SMART Reminders is a handy location-aware app to help you:
- manage your favorite locations
- set up reminders when leaving current location
- set up reminders when arriving at a location
- set up reminders when arriving at a contact location
Do you usually forget to pass by your favorite bookshop when your are down town Bellevue? Forget no more as SMART Reminder is exactly for you, just set up a reminder to fire when nearby your bookshop! It makes use of – Bing Maps facilities – Background agents available in Mango version to trigger reminders when you are nearby your favorite locations. It also integrates with Bing Maps street-by-street navigation. With Live Tile updates on unread reminders!
You can get it either by searching it in the market place or downloading it directly using link below
Instructions on setting up reminders
- When leaving current location, you don’t need to add a location first
- When arriving at a contact, you don’t need to add a location first, simply add new reminder
- When arriving at destination, you need to add the destination location first using the Locations list.
- Ensure you tick ‘Enable background location’ and ‘Enable live tile update’
- Reminders will fire as a Toast Notification message and update the live tile with a count. Ensure you set pin up your live tile!
- Live tile is double-sided and will show reminder count on one side, and a list of reminders on the other
This app uses your current location when creating reminders which fire based on your current location. A background periodic task also runs and accesses your location, and use it to determine if your proximity to destination location which you setup within the app. Your location is not shared in any way with any third party. You can always override this option by using the ‘Settings’ page to disable the background location.
PS: SMART Reminders app uses background agents which run periodically. Note that we ca not guarantee this periodic nature because the operating system has control over their scheduling.